Thursday, August 3, 2017

Adventure


Time for a new challenge at Time Out Challenges. This one is a Home Sweet Home Challenge: A photo inspiration challenge with a homey twist! Here is the inspiration:



Our Guest Desighner is Trinia from My Crafting Closet. Trinia's work is awesome. She has a wonderful CAS style. Take a stroll through her blog - you will love it.



Our wonderful sponsor is STAMPlorations. Challenge winner will receive a gift certificate to the Stamplorations store.



So for my card, the map in the inspiration photo caught my eye. I don't have map-themed stamps or paper in my stash, so I went on an internet search for ideas and found these wonderful free tag images on Call Me Victorian: Vintage Inspired Digital Content.



I stamped my kraft card base with an old Stampin' Up background stamp: "Sanded", with VersaMark ink. I punched holes in the tags, added some blue twine and glued them to my card base. I then heat embossed the word "adventure" from Winnie & Walter's The Big, The Bold And Fun with SSS Rose Gold EP to finish off the card.



Please head on over to the Time Out Challenges Blog and see what our Guest Designer and wonderful Design Team has created for your inspiration. Then see where that inspiration takes you and join us for Time Out Challenge #89!



I am also playing at:


Just Us Girls #404 - Something Old and/or Something New or you could use both.
The SU BG stamp has been in my stash FOREVER, and the Winnie & Walter "adventure" stamp is from a set that I have had for a couple of years, and never opened. The tags are new!


Muse – Anything Goes

CWS#17 - Masculine
          

16 comments:

sandie said...

Wow how creative to find these fab vintage images, I hadn't thought of vintage but the photo is so like this! A super take on the photo x

Gerrina said...

Such a great idea to use tags on your card; I do associate them with lugagua and travel... Great images and card! Hugs, Gerrina

Trina P. said...

Brilliant card, Stephanie. So clever of you to find these tags from the web! Perfect take on the photo. Love it. 😘 Trina xx

Grá O'Neill said...

Fabulous card, love the map tags. A brilliant take on the photo inspiration :)

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE the tags, they are simply awesome. The kraft goes perfectly here and your design is just outstanding. Well done!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!
Judy~ JUGS DT
{Judy's Happy Place}

Anita in France said...

You captured the inspiration perfectly with these fabulous tags, Stephanie ... the sentiment is brilliant with them ... they just shout adventure! Hugs, Anita :)

Ardyth said...

This is a perfect take on your inspiration and perfect for our challenge too! So glad you joined us at our Anything Goes week at Muse!

Nonni said...

What a fun way to use tags, this is a great take on the challenge photo and I think I want to CASE this layout in the future! Great job!

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, I love your beautiful card!

Jill V said...

I love how you found the tags on the internet - that is such a good idea - and these ones work so beautifully on your card! I love how you used the blue and brown colour theme too - really great take on the inspiration photo!

Jenny Colacicco said...

You clever lady doing digital paper!! I've never used it - very cool. And they are such perfect colours. Jenny x

Maria Valente said...

Such a gorgeous masculine card! Thank you for playing along at Creative With Stamps. We look foward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs, Mary (DT)

Marlena M. said...

Great idea to use those travel tags~this is awesome!

Deborah Frings said...

What a wonderful use of vintage style maps! I love the splashes of colour on the kraft. Nicely done. Sorry to be so late commenting. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room Maps/Coordinates Challenge. Deborah, DT.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a WONDERFUL card, love the tags, great design. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room. Faith DT

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

Such an amazing creative card! I love how you put everything together. Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative with Stamps. Gwendolyn